If your loved one served in the U.S. Armed Forces, please know how grateful we are for the sacrifice they – and you – have made for our country. At Malloy Funerals & Cremations, our staff considers it an honor to assist you in filing for all veteran benefits and help you incorporate military honors into their service.
For all veterans, we proudly fly our American flags on the funeral home grounds during all gatherings or funeral events.
Come to us for your veteran loved one’s funeral, and we will make sure they receive all the recognition they richly deserve. We’ve included helpful information and links below, but feel free to call us at 409-763-2475 to ask our expert staff about any of the options and benefits below.
Military Honors and Benefits
- Burial Flag: A U.S. flag to drape the casket or accompany the urn of a deceased veteran.
- Military Funeral Honors: Includes the folding and presentation of the U.S. burial flag, the appearance of two or more uniformed military persons, and the playing of Taps.
- Presidential Memorial Certificates
- Headstones, Markers & Medallions: No charge for eligible veterans. For more details, contact us or visit http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/hmm/index.asp
- Burial & Plot Interment Allowance: We will help you file for any VA monetary benefits you may be eligible for regarding funeral or cremation expenses.
- Burial in a National Cemetery: When burial occurs in a national cemetery, the VA benefits provided to a family can help to greatly reduce the funeral expenses. The closest National Cemetery to Galveston County is Houston National Cemetery, which is located in North Houston, near Bush IAH Airport.
- Eligibility requirements: http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/burial_benefits/eligible.asp
- What to expect regarding services at a National Cemetery: http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/burial_benefits/committal_service.asp
- Survivor Benefits: The Veterans Benefits Administration offers a variety of benefits and services to spouses, children, and parents of deceased veterans. Click here for more information: http://www.va.gov/opa/persona/dependent_survivor.asp